James H. Christopher, developer of Pertle Springs, acquired some unoccupied housing lots on the north side of the park in 1885 that he sold to several individuals, who built their own cottages near Pertle Springs and then rented them out to individuals who attended meetings and events at Pertle Springs.
The Stewart Cottage is probably the most well known cottage because it was one of the few cottages to be consistently published as a postcard. A. C. Stewart from St. Louis built the cottage to serve as the place to accommodate members from the Cumberland Presbyterian Church annual Assembly that was held at Pertle Springs. The cottage was constructed in the 1890s at a cost of $4000.00 and became notable for its golden-domed onion shaped roof on its attached pegoda.
W. K. Morrow Cottage
William K. Morrow was a Warrensburg resident who was a lumber merchant and President of the Warrensburg Savings Bank. Morrow constructed his cottage at Pertle Springs in 1886 and then allowed others to stay in the cottage to attend events at Pertle Springs like the statewide meeting of the Sunday school of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church for Missouri.
Charles H. Dutcher Cottage
Charles H. Ducther was born on February 17, 1841 in Illinois and he graduated from the university in Lexington, Kentucky, in 1864 and moved to Missouri in 1872 to teach Physiology, Physics, and Chemistry at Normal School Number 2, now the University of Central Missouri.
In May 1886 Professor Dutcher hired contractors to construct a cottage Pertle Springs. Like, Morrow, Dutcher rented his cottage out to others who attended events at Pertle Springs and Professor Dutcher also spoke at a Chautauqua Assembly on temperance and physiology.
Dr. George R. Hunt Cottage
Dr. Hunt began practicing medicine in Warrensburg after the Civil War and he worked with the Warrensburg Savings Bank president, W. K. Morrow. Contractors finished his cottage in 1886. His cottage was "located on the west hill with an observation of the vallesy in sight," according to the July 8, 1886, Warresnburg Standard newspaper. Like his colleagues, he rented the cottage out to guests who atteneded events at Pertle Springs.