Camp Bobwhite's Recreation Hall was not part of the original construction of the camp, which was completed on October 10, 1946. Other than the dining hall, the camp had no larger structure for groups to gather.
In January of 1956 the director of the Missouri State Park board, Joseph Jaeger, Jr., authorized the construction of a new recreational building at Camp Bobwhite. Dave Clark from Columbia, Missouri, served as the architect for the building, which was done in a modern design and was supposed to be 40 foot by 70 foot. When completed, the dining hall seated 165 people.
In 1956 most of the campers that came to Knob Noster came within a seventy mile radius of the park and several groups like the Johnson County Baptist Association had their youth Royal Ambassadors and G Ambassadors use the camp. Other organizations that utilized the camp in 1956 included the Lion's Club, Clinton Camp Fire Girls and the Westminister Fellowship of Sedalia Presbytery.
Since the initial construction of the recreation hall in 1956, the building has undergone some noticeable changes. Today, visitors see a large front wall, however, when the building was originally constructed that front wall was made up of large windows, which offered campers and visitors a nice view of the camp.
Today the recreation hall still offers large groups a gathering space for events, weddings, family reunions, and conventions.